Companies may not be aware that Scottish Enterprise deliver an Intellectual Property Specialist service to support organisations' innovation and growth.
Through this service, they offer free advice to assist businesses in identifying - and developing - strategies for the management of the key intangible assets within their business. More intensive support is also available through a mixture of Intellectual Assets Project development support and in depth 1:1 advice.
The service covers all of the intangible assets that a business may hold, including intellectual property - such as patents, trademarks, designs, copyright and database rights - but also includes wider intangible assets that may be key value drivers. These include:
- "know how" and "show how"
- goodwill and reputation
- management structures and information
- processes, procedures and technical information
- confidential information and trade secrets
- customer and supplier knowledge and networks
- image enhancing customers and accreditations, such as industry awards.
Read more here