Benefits of membership include:
- Opportunities to take an active part in Institution affairs, contribute to IES objectives, raise issues, join groups, to have a voice;
- Opportunities to meet and network with engineers from all disciplines in a professional, sociable environment;
- Use of the post-nominals MIES or FIES as appropriate;
- Receipt of regular publications; Transactions and newsletters;
- Free access - by a pass obtained from the IES office - to Glasgow University library;
- Broadening one's outlook on multi disciplinary engineering matters, via evening presentations, etc.;
- Reduced price tickets for the annual James Watt Dinner, one of the most important events in the Scottish engineering calendar, at which the new inductees to the Scottish Engineering Hall of Fame are announced;
- Having first refusal on ticketed events;
- Opportunities to visit sites or works of engineering interest;
- Modest subscription fees.
If you would like to know more, contact the Secretary or, if you prefer, just come along to an IES meeting and make yourself known to the Secretary or a Member of Council there. You will be warmly welcomed.