IES activities include:
- We have an exciting programme of lectures and webinars. We have gained a reputation for having excellent speakers on a wide range of topics. Meetings are open to the public.
- We maintain a Resources section on our website that links to sources that support our objectives.
- We support, via the Education Fund, a range of educational projects.
- We host the Scottish Engineering Hall of Fame which celebrates great engineers.
- The IES Profeng Group promotes professional engineering to young people.
- The IES Energy Strategy Group promotes the use of engineering principles in energy planning.
- We host the James Watt Dinner - this prestigious dinner is one of the social highlights in the engineering calendar.
- IESConsult is a working group that tracks calls for consultation and responds to consultation requests.
- We organise visits to sites and works of engineering interest (members only).