2nd February 2023 9:30 am
Following the session, participants should be able to:
1. Differentiate what is meant by remanufacture from related processes such as repair and reconditioning;
2. Understand the factors that hinder and assist remanufacturing;
3. Identify whether a product can be remanufactured;
4. Identify whether a product should be remanufactured based on potential econnomic and or environmental impacts;
5. Understand how a product’s design and remanufacturing methods should be altered to enhance its potential for remanufacturing.
This session will be led by Professor Winifred Ijomah, Department for Design, Manufacture and Engineering Management, (DMEM) and Technical Director, Scottish Institute for Remanufacture (SIR). The SIR is a pan-Scotland expertise hub for remanufacture hosted by the University of Strathclyde.
Target audience, SMEs involved in manufacturing and engineering
Listed in Other Institutions' Events