SIRACH - Secondary Waste Heat Opportunities
20th June 2022 10:00 am
Join this free technical meeting and tour of the Queens Quay Energy Centre
Energy efficiency can only take us so far on the journey to Net Zero. Join this free Sustainable Innovation in Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Heat (SIRACH) Network meeting on the 20 June to find out how the use of secondary waste heat will be vital to the future of low carbon heating and cooling.
Thanks to the event’s hybrid format, delegates will be able to join in-person in Glasgow or online allowing the maximum number of participants to hear about the latest developments on this exciting topic.
Making use of secondary waste heat will be critical in achieving low carbon heating and cooling and this meeting will focus on the importance of secondary waste heat recovery and how it can be used to increase energy efficiency and reduce carbon emissions.
The programme will include:
• Welcome and overview from Graeme Maidment Chair of the SIRACH Network
• Decarbonising heat using secondary sources and Government policy, Joel Hamilton, BEIS
• Social values of using secondary heat, Christina Francis, Edinburgh University
• Heat pump and heat recovery research from Warwick University, George Atkinson, Jake Locke and Sai Yagnamurth
• Case study of Queen Quays District Heating, David Pearson, Star Refrigeration
Those joining in person will take part in a tour of the Queens Quay Energy Centre for a practical demonstration of how heat recovery is being used to deliver a more sustainable future.
Register to attend online or in-person at www.ior.org.uk/events/waste-he…
Listed in Other Institutions' Events, Featured