CIBSE: Demolition – Operations, Technical and Design Aspects
7th October 2021 5:30 pm
Barry Menzies and colleagues will describe the technical, operations and costing aspects of modern demolition contractors, which are now involved in complex services decommissioning, showing how demolition is high-tech and tightly planned. Barry’s team will:
- Raise awareness of unrecorded hazards and difficulties presented by services, structural loadings and fire;
- Explain how modern demolition is meticulously planned, a series of calculated reverse assembly operations;
- Mention flammable cladding, material substitutions, asbestos and structural failures;
- Demonstrate how unrecorded and concealed design changes can defeat the objective of the Golden Thread;
- Show how designers can promote health, safety, and protection of the environment through design risk reduction processes, in-process inspection and records.
Please note: The seminar will be recorded.
Listed in Other Institutions' Events